Last updated: January 1, 2021
Cookies allow you to recognize a user’s browser, as well as the type of device from which it is accessed, and are used to facilitate the user’s next visit and make the website or application more useful.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES USED BY MYMOID
The websites owned by MYMOID use two types of cookies:
Session Cookies: allows us to recognize the information stored during the user’s session to prevent requests for information that are already provided, so that the information given above will not be requested.
Analytical Cookies: this tool collects anonymous information in a standard way about the user’s navigation and behavior patterns.
Google Analytics enable cookies called:
- “__utma”: is required for the operation of Google Analytics and has an expiration period of 2 years.
- “__utmz”: is used to make the location of the visit, that is, from where and how the user arrived at our website and expires at 6 months.
- “_utmb”: this cookie records the arrival time to the page and expires after 30 minutes of the last pageview registration. It is automatically deleted when you switch websites or close your browser.
To get more information about Google Analytics you can go to the following link: https://goo.gl/KxpaZ.
3. HOW TO TURN OF COOKIE SETTINGS
These settings are located in the “options”, “settings” or “preferences” of the browser menu.
- Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Support). From the Tools menu, select “Internet Options”. Click the privacy tab, then Advanced, under Settings. There you will be allowed to choose whether you want to accept, block, or be prompted for first-party and third-party cookies.
- Mozilla Firefox (Mozilla Firefox Support). From the Tools menu, select “Options”. Select the privacy label in the options box. From the drop-down menu choose “Use custom settings for history”. This will display the cookie options and you can choose to activate or deactivate them by checking the corresponding box.
- Google Chrome (Google Chrome Support). In the setup menu, select “show advanced settings” at the bottom of the page. Select the “content settings” key in the privacy section. The section at the top of the page that appears gives you information about cookies and allows you to set the cookies that you prefer. It also allows you to delete any cookie you have stored at that time.
If you do not want to be tracked by cookies, Google has developed an add-on to install on your browser that you can access at the following link: https://goo.gl/up4ND
4. COOKIES ON MOBILE DEVICES
As with desktop browsers, mobile browsers allow you to make changes to your privacy settings or settings to turn off or remove cookies.
If you want to change the privacy options follow the instructions provided by the developer of your mobile browser. Below you will find some examples of the links that will guide you to modify the privacy options on your mobile device.
Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/Rx8QQ)
Chrome Mobile: (https://goo.gl/XJp7N)
Opera Mobile: (https://goo.gl/XvmTG)